Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas


MERRY Christmas.

A Savior is BORN. We cannot save ourselves, but to believe in him...our salvation is assured. He is the way, the truth, the life, whosoever belieth in him shall not perish, but will have everlasting life.

Its snowing in Texas today. Christ commands the Earth, not Al Gore.

This year, all kidding aside, I wish that I could better measure my tone and anger at our ever expanding Government. I desire to think my anger is justified, just as Christ's anger towards the money changer's who were debasing God's Temple.

However, I am grounded enough to know that my judgement is not as perfect... but is it wrong to raise a voice at those who would injustly take from those who justly earn? Isn't it the right of every man to give freely to those he chooses? My Great Grandfather fought the excesses of Government power using force of arms during the late War for Southern Independence. My Great Great Great Grandfather likewise did in the American Revolution.

I cannot do less should I be called upon by good conscious and desparate circumstances. God help me to rightly decide should that time come upon me. I sometimes feel those circumstances grow closer, and I must admit that I shudder at their approach. Pray for our country, that those circumstances can forever be avoided.

No comments: