Thursday, September 3, 2009

Everything New is Forgotten Old

Lexington, Virginia, January 5, 1866.
Mr. C. Chauncey Burr.
My Dear Sir: I am very much obliged to you for your letter of the 27th ult., and for the number of the 'Old Guard' which you kindly sent me. I am glad to know that the intelligent and respectable people at the North are true and conservative in their opinions, for I believe by no other course can the right interests of the country be maintained. All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should b e preserved, and that the government as originally organised should be administered in purity and truth. If such is the desire of the North, there can be no contention between the two sections, and all true patriots will unite in advocating that policy which will soonest restore the country to tranquility and order, and serve to perpetuate true republicanism. Please accept my thanks for your advocacy of right and liberty and the kind sentiments which you express toward myself, and believe me to be, with great respect,
Your obedient servant,
R. E. Lee.

Unfortunately, the return to the Republicanism that our founding fathers established never was restored as Robert E. Lee hoped. This argument is still the heart and soul of the Tea Party movement. Hillbilly White Trash had this article posted with the title, "everything new is simply forgotten old". Blazing truth. Deo Vindice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I approve of with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is quiet a suspect as you did in the fall issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=rapidshare manager tool 2008 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you use the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg