Friday, February 27, 2009

The Audacity of Hopelessness

The more I think about this porkulus, the more hopeless I feel. Many of us thought Bush's ridiculous bail out of banks (TARP) would Obama-proof our economy. Man, was that ever a miscalculation. I can't believe the spending he and his pardners in crime (Congress) are planning in the first one hundred days. Unbelievable.

On top of higher taxes on the way, paying more for electricity (green energy), removal of deductions, higher prices (due to higher energy prices), our economy is not just going to wobble, its going to sink like a f'ing battleship.

What is going to make me, or any other entrepreneur to work 60 to 80 hours a week to start a business, if the Government is going to help themselves to the first six months of my labor? Screw that. I'll just sit on my ass like the other free loaders and wait around for a Government handout. Democrats haven't a clue how wealth is created.

Folks, if we can't elect some opposition in 2010 to undo some of this horror, our future as a wealthy and free country is dismal at best. The audacity of hope has become my worst nightmare.

No comments: