Monday, May 19, 2008

Lay off my wife, please.

by FOXNews.com

WASHINGTON — Barack Obama, crying foul over a video made by the Tennessee Republican Party last week, said Monday that his critics should “lay off my wife.”

In the four-minute video produced by the state GOP and now available on YouTube, Michelle Obama is shown delivering a speech in February during which she said: “For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country.” The ad then features Nashville voters saying why they are proud of their country.

Asked about the video Monday, Obama told ABC’s “Good Morning America” that it is “low class.” The front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination warned that the Tennessee GOP “should be careful” and said he finds it “unacceptable” for them to use his wife in a video.

Well, should we...back off ? Can Michelle Obama unload on the opposition during campaign speeches, and not expect a little blow back? I think not. If the Senator wants his good wife out of the line of fire, his campaign shouldn't put her there in the first place. This is a Presidential race, not a garden party.

No comments: